Quantcast

reducing the bandwidth required for spike transmission in port_ids branch

reducing the bandwidth required for spike transmission in port_ids branch

Lev Givon
Administrator
The inter-LPU communication mechanism in the port_ids branch previously
transmitted the actual port identifiers of the destination spike ports receiving
spikes emitted by an LPU. This can consume unnecessary bandwidth for large
numbers of spiking ports and/or long port identifiers. I therefore updated the
Module class to map destination spike ports to integer indices and transmit
those rather than the port identifiers. Please try running your models against
the latest port_ids code and let me know if you encounter any problems.
--
Lev Givon
Bionet Group | Neurokernel Project