Alternative models

Dmitriy Shabanov
Hello,

Just found this project, quite interesting. I have small question: are you interesting to design infrastructure to support "non-traditional" models?

--
Dmitriy Shabanov

Re: Alternative models

Lev Givon
Administrator
Received from Dmitriy Shabanov on Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 06:00:36PM EST:
> Hello,
>
> Just found this project, quite interesting. I have small question: are you
> interesting to design infrastructure to support "non-traditional" models?
> --
> Dmitriy Shabanov

Hi, Dmitriy.

Are you referring to non-traditional neuron/synapse models? If so, can you
provide an example?

Currently, we allow for implementation (in Python/PyCUDA) of whatever internal
components one needs in one's LPU model; the only explicit requirement at this
time is that the LPU model communicate with other LPUs via Neurokernel's
interface design. The number of internal LPU components already implemented for
Neurokernel is currently limited to several point neuron and synapse models, but
one is welcome to devise additional models for inclusion in Neurokernel if the
design of an LPU model calls for them.
--
Lev Givon
Bionet Group | Neurokernel Project